On the interview show Inside the Actors’ Studio, host James Lipton asks each of his guests the same ten questions. What are your responses?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us FAVORITE.
1. My favorite word? Weekend, because even though I love my job, the weekend is the time when I can do new things, work in the garden, take trips and be with family and friends. Weekend can also mean sleeping in, cooking something delicious, not having any plans but just relax.
2.My least favorite word? Quality management, because it means endless lists and documentation instead of getting the job done.
3.What turns me on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
New experiences and breaking the routine. A new flavour, taking a walk in a strange city, getting to know a person, learning a new word, seeing a film, taking a dare…. there are endless possibilities to find inspiration.
4. I am turned off by any kind of stupidity and thoughtlessness. A thoughtless remark hurting or humiliating another person, accepting things as true simply because some “specialist” or some “authority” has said so, the unwillingness to think of your own.
5. As a German, what could be my favorite curse word, but “Scheiße” (shit). These days it is more or less acceptable to use it in public. I also like to say “gruselig” (creepy, scary) when I find something wrong or upsetting.
6. I love the sound of our coffee machine on a Sunday morning. It comes with the most delicious smell!
7. Any noise caused by metal is a sound I hate.
8. I would like to be a woman of leisure, having a salon, talking about art, literature, politics and philosophy all day long.
9. Any profession that involves a lot of noise, caused by metal.
10. “Turn to the right and there you will find all your family, friends and other people you care for”